Yes, once mastering ordering, next is unlocking the value in the guest relationship with the power of data driven marketing & loyalty.
The goal of a loyalty program should be to keep existing users by enabling the user and the business to understand each other better. And a restaurant guest that feels valued and important will attract new customers. Also, with a loyalty program you have a better chance of winning back lost customers with personalized communication and deals. It is hospitality all over again – but this time digital.
Food and Beverage loyalty needs to:
- Be a seamless part of the ordering experience – not the other way around.
- Co-exist with guest ordering. Do not require someone to register to order.
- Once the first order is placed – give them an offer if they sign up.
- Have legal and technical consent handling following GDPR (and other privacy frameworks). Never misuse the trust of personal information and allow self-service for updates and the right to be forgotten.
- Include CRM functionality where you can segment users manually or automatically based on their behavior.
- Provide omnichannel communication – SMS, Push, Email.
- Award loyal users with a point-based program where favorable behavior is incentivized.
- Support Gift cards/Stored Value cards as mechanisms for coffee cards, gifts and compensation routines.
- Ability to automate segmenting, communication, and promotions to have a continuous and relevant conversation with the user outside and inside of the restaurants.
Download as pdf
Copyright © 2022 - Future Ordering Sweden AB – www.futureordering.com